Gifts by Beneficiary Designation
These gifts are considered some of the easiest that you can make to impact lives around the globe! Simply contact the firm that holds your assets and ask how to complete a beneficiary form.
Retirement funds gift
Many people choose to name World Neighbors as a beneficiary of a retirement plan to reduce their taxes and empower families and villages to become self-reliant.
- Reducing or eliminating taxes on retirement assets.
- Removing highly taxable assets from your estate by direct beneficiary designation.
- Reducing or avoiding probate fees.
- No cost to you now.
To name World Neighbors as a beneficiary of your retirement plan, contact your bank or insurance company to see whether a change of beneficiary form must be completed.
Life insurance policy gift
If you have a life insurance policy that has outlasted its original purpose, you can use it to fund a legacy gift while enjoying tax savings during your lifetime.
- By donating ownership, you can receive a charitable income tax deduction for the market value of the policy.
- Receive additional tax benefits by making annual gifts so that we can pay the premiums.
- Some donated policies can be cashed in and put to good use right away.
- If you retain the policy and name us as beneficiary, the proceeds of your policy will be paid to World Neighbors and your estate will receive the tax deduction from the charitable gift receipt.
If you have bonds that have stopped earning interest and you plan to redeem them, you will owe income tax on the appreciation. In the end, your heirs will receive only a fraction of the value of the bonds in which you so carefully invested. Since World Neighbors is tax exempt, 100 percent of your gift of savings bonds will support our mission to inspire people and strengthen communities to lift themselves out of poverty.
CDs, bank accounts and brokerage accounts
Naming World Neighbors as the beneficiary of a certificate of deposit, a checking or savings bank account, or a brokerage account is one of the easiest ways to help people and families living in rural poverty.
Donor-advised fund residuals
Final distribution of contributions remaining in a donor-advised fund is governed by the contract you completed when you created your fund. Please consider naming World Neighbors as a successor of your account or a portion of your account value.